Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day Reflections

This is a very special Mother's Day for me. Though I have been a stepmom for the previous two Mother's Day holidays...and though last year, I was beginning to feel baby Jack kicking inside of me by Mother's Day...this is the first year where I have actually joined the ranks of motherhood and feel a special tie to all those who have given birth before me. Being a mother is the greatest blessing of my life. Though there have been many challenges, I count it a true privilege to have carried Jack for nine months, spent 24 hours laboring to get him here and to now raise him into a young man who will love the Lord.

I want to send a special Mother's Day hug to my own mom, who has devoted her life to raising her seven children. Thank you Mom for everything...for teaching me how to be a mom. I also want to recognize Barb, my mother-in-law, and all that she has taught me and shown me as she's loved me as her daughter-in-law. I am so blessed to have both Mom and Barb in my life, two very different women, who both have so much to teach me and their grandchildren. May the Lord bless you both richly!

Also, Happy Mother's Day to Mer - mom of Luke and Ben and baby on the way; Reagan - mother of baby girl Turley due at the end of August; Katie - mother of baby girl Kerger due in September, Keala - mother of Shelby, Tess, Jolene and Richard....and all my dear friends who are mothers: Rachel, Holly, Jenny, Brianna, Amber, Sue and so many more. "May your children rise up and call you blessed!"

1 comment:

Becky Kerger said...

Thanks Kam...you made it easy to make my Mothering look good...may you enjoy the blessing of this very special journey...love you always, Mom