Thursday, March 11, 2010

Goodbye Qatar!

On March 12th, Jack and I will be heading to Frankfurt, Germany and leaving Doha, Qatar behind. We've had a good two months here - lots of experiences and friendships. And it was so good to spend that time with Josh. But we are ready to head home. We are leaving behind lots of new friends and hopefully, we'll be able to keep in touch with some of them in the future.

Here is Jack with our Filipina landlord, Tess. Tess loves Jack very much and is sad to see him go.
Jack also said goodbye to his Lebanese friend Azzam - or ZuZu as we call him! He is only two months younger than Jack and we were able to leave behind some toys, diapers, wipes, etc. for him.
One of Jack's favorite people is "Uncle" Yancy - Josh's good friend from the fire department. Yancy (and his girlfriend Jacquie, pictured below) have been great friends and entertainers of Jack since we've been there. We hope they come visit us in Ohio!

The five children from the Al-Mola family from Iraq are some of the hardest people to leave behind. When we felt lonely sometimes at apartment #2, these kids made us feel loved and at home. Ann, Hassan, Fatima, Hussein and Nadeen are precious kids with genuine love and compassion for Jack. Fatima cried when she heard we were leaving so soon and not coming back. We hope to continue our friendship with these dear people as we go home to America.

And of course, the hardest person of all to leave is Daddy! We will miss him so much. We hope the time will go by quickly until Josh finishes working and can return home to us. We still have no official word on his contract, so he could be joining us sooner than expected. We are grateful for this job he has had and for the chance for Jack and I to be with him for two months. We know the Lord will keep him safe until we are together again.
On another note, we'd like to wish a Happy Birthday to Grammy in Phoenix! We send lots of love and hugs to you! And also, Happy Anniversary to Jeff and Meredith.

More posts later....from Germany!

Love,
Josh, Kam, Jack and Baby #2


Note: On Thursday evening, Josh, Jack and I went to say goodbye to the family of Azzam - his parents are lovely people, Mohammed and Leila. It was there that we learned some sad news. The family of young children we had played with many times before (Jack and Hana) had not been outside for many weeks. I asked if they knew why? Leila told me that Rita, their Indonesian nanny and the one I got to know briefly, found out that her baby boy in Indonesia had died. She is veiled and in mourning and unable to come outside. My heart just breaks for her. I don't know her story, but I did know she had a baby in Indonesia...that much she told me in her broken English. She was more than affectionate with Jack...I could tell she loved him with the heart of a mother. I am sad that I won't be able to tell her how sorry I am or how much God loved her baby and how He loves her, too. Please pray for Rita.

1 comment:

Becky Kerger said...

So many emotions and so many relationships in such a short time! Your stories of the different people, cultures, foods and events have been something out of a novel! On to Germany to visit Ben and his family...more stories, more relationships...keep the stories coming! I live vicariously through all your adventures...Love and miss you all, Mom...Grammy