Wednesday, September 14, 2011

George's Eleventh Month

One month away from a year with our Georgie!!! Is it possible!

Another great month with our little guy. He continues to be one of the smiliest babies we've ever seen and is constantly making big brother Jack laugh (as heard in the video clips). He is also constantly on the move and continually getting into things he shouldn't be....trash cans, toilet paper rolls, refrigerator (if left open for just a moment) and this past week, food coloring. Josh found the boys happily playing on the kitchen floor with food coloring (which must have dropped from an upper shelf)...Jack squirting it into George's mouth!

George really enjoys trying to do any and everything Jack does. He is getting to the stage where we need to make sure he has just a few toys of his own so that he isn't constantly taking Jack's favorite toys. He enjoys books, but usually ends up chewing on them. He likes to color, but usually ends up with crayon ground into his teeth. He is a fantastic eater - he will eat anything we put in small pieces in front of him, though his favorites are peas, peaches and bananas and any other gluten-free treat Mama makes.

The challenges we have are that he is pretty rough - he hits and throws his body into people, bites my shoulder to get my attention, etc. All with a smile on his face. We are really working on making him act more gently toward others.

New things this month: his increasing ability to stand up on his own and his bravery in letting go and wobbling for several seconds before lowering himself; saying his first real word repeatedly: "bath" whenever going into the bathroom and seeing the bath tub; pointing at everything and looking to Mama to tell him what it is - this has allowed him to follow simple directions like, "Point to the trees!" or "Go get a book!" - which he does!

George is full of life and is a joy and a challenge. But each day that we get to wake up to his sweet smile and simple little morning songs is a day that we cherish. He is such a gift to all of us!

4 comments:

Becky Kerger said...

The older George gets, the harder it is to differentiate between he and Jack at a quick glance. It is so hard to believe he is almost 1 year old! How can that be?? I think Tutu should come back to Kauai to celebrate! Tutu gets tired just looking at how busy both boys are! Whew...but so stinkin CUTE!! I LOVE THEM BOTH!!

Morgan Family said...

Mom is right, so stinkin cute I can hardly stand it!!!! I can't believe how much he looks like you Kam! I just can't wait to squeeze on him soon!

Kergers said...

So sweet!! Loved how he would give you his warning, I am going to eat this marker now! Mia kept laughing and saying more. Can't believe it will be a year next month.

Gentry said...

I just watched the video with my friend alex and she had to tell me to calm down because I kept gasping at how stinking cute he is!!! Can't even take it! He is growing so fast...can't believe he will be a year already! I love him so much and I haven't even met him... btw he looks like you more and more every new picture I see!