His fever worsened, he began complaining of stomach cramps and just wanted to lay down all day. By evening, he was desperately ill with some stomach bug that kept him up most of the night.
My reason for sharing this is to prompt all of you who are blessed to be living in the United States to be GRATEFUL for our health care system there. Be grateful for Urgent Care clinics on virtually every corner and 24-hour pharmacies/drug stores. Be grateful for doctors who do thorough examinations and try to rule out any possibility...who ask about a child's medical history or allergies. Be grateful, even when you are waiting in the lobby for a long time or are on hold with a receptionist that you are able to understand what they say without any language barrier. And...be mindful of those families who are serving as missionaries in distant places with sub-standard medical care - pray for them! Pray that they would be protected from harmful illnesses and that the Lord would provide good medical care when they do become ill. It is not easy. We are by no means living in the Third World, but there are many families who willingly follow the Lord to those places, knowing the risks involved for their children and themselves. Pray for them!
And thank you for praying for Jack, for those of you who know what we've been struggling with this week. The hives are gone, fever is lessening, he got some good sleep late this morning and he asked to eat some toast and applesauce....so he may be on the mend. From what we figure, the hives were probably this virus working its way through his system before the fever and stomach bug ever hit him. Thank you, Mer and Mom, for using your nursing expertise and mom expertise to help me work through this when I was so discouraged by the lack of care we received here.
(Note: Even though it has been difficult and we haven't been pleased with the medical care we've sought out, God has provided the help we needed. Our friend Joan was so helpful, using her language skills to translate phone messages, helping me find a doctor close by. I could not have done it without her. She and her husband came to pray over Jack - and over me - right on the day when I needed it most. I am so grateful to them and to the Lord for providing such dear friends....in each of the places He's sent us to!)


4 comments:
My prayers continue for all of you as you find a way through the maze of issues you face. Kiss my boys for me...Love and miss you all, Ma...Grammy...Tutu...
Kamie,
I'm so sorry to find that Jack has been very sick. I hope he recovers quickly and that you have no further medical issues. I miss you very much. I am so glad that you have this blog so that I can look in on you and not lose touch.
Love,
Mandi
P.S.
I live in Florida now; so if your travels ever bring you this way please let me know.
Poor Jack! Continuing to pray for a full recovery! Love you
Sorry you aren't feeling well Jack Jack. We wish we could hug you and make you soup! We are praying for you!
Post a Comment