We've finally gotten settled in our new home!! It seems that the Lord would always have us live in a "yellow house" of some sort....in Delaware, Texas, Ohio, Hawaii and now Curacao! That makes Jack very happy. The sign outside says "Sunset Terrace", and we can, indeed, see the sunset in the evening from our back porch/balcony.
This house has already been such a blessing to us. There are cool tradewinds continually, which keep it nice and which allows us to run the bedroom air conditioner only occassionally. We have a small pool to take a dip in when it gets a little hot, a yard big enough to keep the boys entertained as they dig with their construction vehicles, shaded "palapas", or grass huts, where the clothesline hangs and allows me to dry a whole load of laundry in about an hour or so....and so many other nice features. There are two bedrooms and a bathroom downstairs - our area. Another guest bedroom with ensuite bathroom upstairs, our living area, kitchen and access to the dining area/balcony. It is a really nice, safe neighborhood - the gate guards are some of the friendliest men and I get to practice some Papiamentu with them, much to their delight! We take nice walks in the quiet neighborhood and can walk to a beach right down the road. The area is home to mostly Dutch residents or vacationers, so we still get spoken to almost entirely in Dutch. We are hoping to find some families with kids soon...Jack said the other day, "Mommy...need kids to play duck, duck goose!"
So, now that you've all seen photos...better work on getting your passports and plan on coming for a visit while we are here!!! It is such a neat place. We have a 180 degree view of the sea from the balcony and can watch huge cruise ships or big oil tankers go by all day long. Green parrots (always flying in pairs) fly by all the time. One downside is that we saw a moth last night that was the size of a hawk, flitting around our porch....the first thing to make me run the other direction and want to come home!!! :-) I guess it is a small price to pay for this view!
Thank you Lord for this new home and what a blessing it is for us. We long to bless others with it, as well, and hope You'll send lots of visitors and new friends our way!
Love and hugs from Curacao!
-Josh, Kam, Jack and George
7 comments:
Why am I not going there for spring break!?! Oh, the tan I could get... It's so beautiful! Maybe this summer I can visit :) I'm happy that ya'll have settled in and made it home. Looks like it will be keeping the boys busy for a while with so many cool things to see. Love & miss you!!
It looks so tropical and lovely...and not quite like Hawaii. I love the yellow house theme you have going on your journey. Think maybe Gram needs to come for a visit? Looks like a good retreat to me! Hugs and Kisses, Grammy
Beautiful, such an adventure!
Love you
gorgeous home and view! I'm looking forward to hearing about the local food. Love the two seater desk the boys are sitting in. Perfect! Miss you!
Kamie, I am so glad your family made it safely to Curacao! Your home is beautiful. You are such an inspiration going to all of the new & wonderful places and sharing the world with your children. I miss you more than you know!!!
Wow, what a great house you guys were able to find! Jack must be so happy to have his beach back!
love following your adventures. Praying that you will enjoy this place more that any of the rest.
By His Grace,
Cheryl
Post a Comment