Here are a few shots of our Passover table, set with our finest tableware to make it a really special evening!
New life....
A Haggadah booklet for us to recite some Scripture and for the boys to ask the four questions.
The Passover plate with (gluten free) matzoh bread, a roasted egg, the roasted shank bone of a lamb (this was hard to come by, so I made one out of clay), parsley, charoset (apples, raisins and nuts), and horseradish - the bitter herb. (Incidentally, we had a classic, unforgettable and slightly embarrassing moment with the bitter herb. While Josh was reading what how the bitterness of the horseradish was to remind us of the bitterness not only of the Jewish people's captivity in Egypt, but our own captivity to sin and darkness, I went around and scooped a small spoonful on each person's matzoh bread. I had no idea how strong the pure horseradish was, so when we all took a bite, we were gasping and sputtering in pain and I had to run for a pitcher of water! Jack said, "I will never ever forget those bitter herbs!" I guess that it is a good thing to remember...and how sweet our salvation in Christ is!)
The boys enjoyed getting dressed up for our special occasion!
(This is just a cute shot of Joe reading a book while we waited for our friends to arrive!)Dinner was great...all three boys really seemed to enjoy it...especially drinking grape juice from wine glasses!
Our first Passover Seder was really special and memorable...even aside from the horseradish incident! We are grateful to the Lord for passing over our sins and for shedding His own blood to pay for them. And we are grateful for special friends to have shared this with!
Although this is not concerning Passover, I just wanted to post a picture of Jack studying the parts of a flower! We dissected one of our Easter Lilly blooms...we could perfectly identify all the parts. It was a wonderful Springtime science activity!
3 comments:
K- so I've always thought that was neat....but what do you really eat afterwards? Curious minds want to know? :) Pizza? :)
No! We had a beautiful meal..,,tri tip roast, balsamic roasted asparagus and green beans, roasted red potatoes, braised radishes and a dessert. It was delicious!
Boys looked adorable and SO very grown up...even more so with the wine glass! Love. Them. So.
Post a Comment