Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Home made fun

Josh reminded me that I was woefully behind in updating our blog...but truthfully, we haven't had much to post! Josh has been working a lot of overtime, so we've only seen him a handful of days out of February. Because Josh's roommate is on vacation, we've been able to stay at apartment #1, which is fine by me....because the exhaustion of early pregnancy has definitely set in. I have very little energy to go very far or do very much right now, so Jack and I have had to find ways to have fun at home!

First, we decided to make some home made play dough! Jack helped stir and then had fun playing with it. It left quite a mess to clean up, but it was worth it to see him so interested in it! We keep it in the fridge and pull it out every once in a while!
Then, we blew up balloons and filled the laundry basket with them! Jack had fun pouring them out and putting them back in several times. He also loves to pop the balloons. He doesn't even flinch when they pop - though any one else who happens to be around lets out a yelp! :-)Then...I capitalize on his desire to clean and let him sweep the floor while I rest! :-) Yes, he still loves to clean things- help with dishes (he puts silverware in the dish washer and pushes the start button), laundry (he "folds" clothes....but ends up wearing warm articles of clothing from the dryer as a cape and walking around the house) and of course sweeping, mopping and dusting.
I know this isn't a very interesting post....but it is our life right now. I treasure the days I have with Jack and am also continually amazed that there is another person growing inside me. We have less than three weeks left with Josh, which makes us sad. But we'll try to enjoy each day here and will soon be back with our friends at apartment #2 for some last days of fun!

3 comments:

Morgan Family said...

Sounds like you are so creative in finding ways to play! Give Jack and our newest baby cousin a tummy kiss for us! Love you!
Luke, Ben and Grace

Becky Kerger said...

Looks like very creative ways to stay busy! Rest well and time will pass quickly. Love and miss you all...Mom K..Grammy
Jack....Grammy LOVES you!!!

Turley Family said...

Such simple fun, but I want to plat too! You should try adding a packet of koolaid to the playdoh to make it colored and smell great! Love ya