Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Summer 2011: Week 3

Today is our three week mark of being together for the summer! We had an adventurous week.

Josh took all four kids to explore a southside beach we had never seen before, and he was able to capture some stunning photos of the landscape/surf and some cute ones of the kids! We had a picnic lunch at a big park on the East side, had some down time at home where the boys played Leggos and Sarah crocheted, had lots of reading time and studied God's Armor in Ephesians Chapter 6 (note our illustrations!).

On Josh's three days off, we took a muddy adventure to Kipu Falls. The walk itself was treacherous and once we reached the falls, we knew only Josh would be able to enjoy the thrill of jumping into the pool of water. The next day, we went to Lydgate beach on the East Side and enjoyed building sand castles and seeing Jack take to the small waves like he's been body boarding all of his life! George loves the water, too - such water babies!

On June 28th, we celebrated Jake's 13th birthday (three months past the actual date) and had a special lunch and his chosen Chocolate Mango cake. We had really looked forward to presenting him with the scrapbook of letters from the special men in his life - and he loved it. He was so surprised by some of the included letters! Thank you to all of you who made him feel cherished by your words of love and encouragement!

More Meyer adventures to come....
Love,
JKJSJG

3 comments:

Becky Kerger said...

Watching the montage I get a tsunami of memory making overload! What a memorable summer this will be for all of you! Jack and George on the Boards crack me up!! Wish I was there...Love and miss you all, Tutu!

Morgan Family said...

Looks like you are all having so much fun. When do you sleep?? I love the pics of the boys on the boards too....one of the benefits of living in paradise I suppose!

Gentry said...

I want to visit so bad!! Looks like you all are having so much fun. I can't believe little George is surfing already! ;) I just realized this is the first summer in 4 years that I have not had any Kam&Josh experience :( It doesn't feel right!