Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Enjoying summer's end

The boys and I have been enjoying our last weeks of summer together, looking forward to cooler temperatures, autumn colors, Josh's arrival in mid-September and the birth of baby Joe!

Grandma Barb and I decided to take the boys to the Darke County Fair, a fair that Josh remembers going to as a boy.  I think our plans were a little more ambitious than our energy level and I cannot recommend going to a fair in the heat of August with two active boys and a very pregnant 34-week belly!  Whew...it just about took me out!  But...the boys had fun. 

George enjoyed the hand-dipped corn dog for lunch.
Jack - my adventurous son- enjoyed every ride he could get on!
George went on some of the "tamer" rides.  He was a big fan of this carousel with cars and motorcycles.
Waiting patiently for their turn on the bouncy house.
Trying to win a goldfish.....
...but instead, winning a hermit crab! 
And...because our family has experience with hermit crabs, we know that they are not supposed to be alone and need larger space and deeper sand to burrow in...we ended up making a trip to the local pet store.  We are now the owners of three hermit crabs:  Pete 2, Phil and Hermie. 
We found a beautiful nature park right in the middle of suburban Dayton and the boys and I took a long walk to explore God's beauty and collect "treasures" - seeds, nuts, interesting sticks or leaves, etc.
Jack spotted some small mushrooms and moss growing on dead trees...but then he spotted THIS!  it was the largest fungus I have ever seen.  This picture doesn't even do it justice...it was HUGE!  Jack was just amazed and said, "We MUST tell Daddy about this!"
And we spotted some early whispers of fall...
Last week, we decided to try a tie-dye project. 
The results were great!  The boys can't wait for their baby brother to arrive!
As for me...I feel about ready to pop.  I'm feeling really uncomfortable and cannot for a moment forget how close I am to giving birth for the third time!  I am eager to hold baby Joe in my arms...but so worried that I might go into labor before Josh comes home.  Please pray that Joe will take his time and wait for Daddy! 

4 comments:

Becky Kerger said...

Despite the fact that you are supposed to be resting and waiting, things look pretty busy to me! Gotta love a local fair and the smiles that it brings...I still love them..wish I could have gone!! Love the hints of autumn and your nature walks in the countryside...beautiful!! Speaking of beautiful...your growing belly is a wonderful sight to behold! Thank you Lord for healthy babies on the way!! Praying for each day until Josh gets there..then I can breathe....

Turley Family said...

Love the tie dye! What a great way to get matching outfits. Love ya Kam. Praying for Baby Joe to keep cooking until Josh gets there.

Morgan Family said...

I love the tie dye, such a cute idea! You look radiant Kam, such a cute belly although I know it doesn't feel so cute at the moment! Praying that Joe will take his sweet time and arrive after Josh gets home!

Gentry said...

Completely jealous that you're already seein fall colors! Makes me miss my visit there last year!!! Kam, you look great! Praying for baby Joe to stay cozy in there for a while :) love and miss you all terribly.