Saturday, January 8, 2011

Ergo Baby

Well, after trying lots of different baby carriers, we think we've found one that will last for a while...approved by all! We saw a friend here using the Ergo Baby Carrier and were amazed at how absolutely content her 9-month old baby was to be held in it on the front or back. So, we ordered one in Galaxy Grey (a nod to my days working at Dover with the C-5 Galaxy) and have loved it so far! Jack is the biggest fan. He is now 30 pounds, but by holding him on my back, I barely feel it! He was the first one to try it and has claimed it as his spot, so he isn't too happy when George is in it.
George is still little, so we use the infant insert to help hold him up a little higher. Today I took a walk to the post office and by the time I came home, George was sleeping peacefully.
...with just a foot sticking out! :-)

We still like using a sling, too....but I really like the versatility of being able to use this with Jack, too. Yay for Ergo Baby Carriers!!!

5 comments:

Morgan Family said...

Yeah, yeah, yeah! Still saving up for mine before March! :) Can't wait! Gracie loved the one I tried!

Becky Kerger said...

Looks like they both enjoy the ride! How come they didn't have those nice carriers when you guys were little? Enjoy the sights and things you will see while carrying them both all over! Love and miss you all, Mom...Tutu

Turley Family said...

Hmmm, something to definitely think about before baby number 2 gets here. Thanks for the tip!

Cheryl said...

Kam,

I have been trying to remember where I put your blog address and finally remembered. Enjoyed your Christmas Card and now catching up on your blog. What a wonderful family God has blessed you with.

As per our tradition, in the month of January, we go through our Christmas cards and pray for all. Just wanted to let you know we prayed for you and your family.

May God continue to bless you in 2011.

Love to you,
Cheryl

The Mrs. Dr. said...

We use a Korean version of the Ergo (Pognae) that I found on ebay. Laurelai falls asleep in it easily! I've not tried Ruthanne in it. She's about Jack's size (31lbs) but she's got an extra year of will (and independence), so I'm thinking she wouldn't tolerate it (but maybe...)! Yay for baby carriers!!