I realize that the title of this post may lead you to believe that our dentist has something to do with Mr. Potato Head, but such is not the case! But if you pay close attention to the photos, you may find a tie between the two!
Jack had his first visit to the dentist this morning. She is a great pediatric dentist who flies in from Maui every Monday morning, so she had some great skills in dealing with two-year-old-first-time-dental-patient moments! But, I'm not sure she was quite prepared for our intense little guy! Thankfully, though, we were...and Jack had a great check up and the dentist was impressed by how clean his teeth were. I was hoping they would be, since we started him on a brushing regimen before his first birthday and even now he lets us floss his teeth!

He took only a short while to recover from the traumatic experience, but still had no desire to be in the exam chair on his own....as the following picture attests to!

Though Jack received Mr. Potato Head from Grammy for his birthday in November, we put it away around Christmas and took it out this past week as something "new" to play with.
(This is one of the most practical parenting tips I've ever come across and put into action...having a sort of revolving library of toys and books we keep in one closet and bringing them out occassionally...it is like Christmas for Jack!)
Well, Mr. Potato Head is currently Jack's great love. He takes him in the bath tub, totes him around the house, sits alongside him at meal times, puts dice in his hands when we play Yahtzee so that he can have a turn and falls asleep with him. In the whole bucket full of pieces, Jack will know exactly which piece is missing: "ba ay, mama" (black eyes, Mommy) or "boo hoo" (blue shoes), and Josh or I will have to go search under the sofas to find the missing pieces.

His other great fun is to play Mr. Potato Head with his baby brother. George is such a good sport...never really seems to mind...is just happy to have big brother close by!

And, though George doesn't have teeth yet of his own and won't be visiting a dentist for a while
(there's the tie in), Jack is happy to adorn him with fake teeth for the time being!
4 comments:
I wonder how many other families have found the fun in live siblings replacing the plastic Mr Potatoe Head?? Leave it to Jack...and good 'ol George to put up with it all! Tell Jack, Grammy doesn't like the dentist either...never have, never will!Hugs and Kisses...Tutu
Luke, Ben and Gracie all went to the dentist yesterday too! Luke and Ben are pros, and kept making sure they were brave to show Gracie how to do it. Jack will be showing george in no time! Love the Mr. Potato head! We have always rotated toys, and it is the BEST!!!!
Poor Jack :( What a trooper. That pic of George and the potatoe head teeth cracked me up! Of course Jack would think of that! I miss that boy...and am dying to meet little George! Kiss them both for me!
I remember you telling me that Jack loves Mr. Potato Head the other day when we were on the phone! George wearing the upside down glasses and the teeth is hilarious! As Jack gets older he will like the dentist more... I love going :)
Post a Comment