Today marks the half way point through our Jack's third year! He is everything a healthy, energetic 2 1/2 year old little boy should be: fun, engaging, interested in life, stubborn, loving, helpful, entertaining, always learning and a joy to his Mama and Daddy.
He is a busy, busy boy and loves to do many things:
- paint with watercolors
- dance along with the train station scene in Oklahoma!
- find slugs, snails, butterflies, caterpillars, spiders outside
- pick figs off the tree and eat them
- help Mama in the kitchen and with the baby
- do laundry
- dance to praise music
- play with his buddy Nate
- wrestle with Daddy (and sometimes try his moves on George)
- blow bubbles
- go to the library and pick out any book about trains or construction vehicles that he can get his hands on
- have Mama draw or cut out train shapes from construction paper
- hold baby brother's hand while falling asleep
- eat clementine oranges, endamame, frozen Gogurt sticks and pepperoni (not at the same time)
- find words and letters on pages and say "A, E, I and T"
- fold Daddy's laundry and sometimes run around in his underwear and bandana (picture included at end of montage)
- make hand shadows on the wall with a book light before going to bed
- try to read from his little Gideon green New Testament when Mama and Daddy read the Bible at night (he hugged the little Bible when we gave it to him and holds it up victoriously like the sword of Truth that it is! See picture at end of montage.)
- Read, read, read!
Jack shows amazing attention to detail, memory and ability to show concern for his Mama. Hundreds of times throughout the day I hear, "Help, Mama?" "Okay, Mama?" (if I sneeze or stub my toe), "Wa-doin, Mama?", "Thanks, Mama!" He also has a cute language all his own. Jack's words include:
- "yuck" for snails and slugs (must have picked this one up from Mommy!)
- "choo choo" for train
- "roary" for dinosaurs
- "tick tock" for clocks
...and many other things. We are working on counting right now and he just learned how to play Hide and Seek with Daddy. I wish you could hear his voice as he says, "Two...five, I come!!!"
Each day with Jack is an adventure and a joy. We know this strong willed child of ours has the potential to be used in mighty ways by our Lord one day! And we are so grateful to be the ones God uses to mold and shape him into that person. But for now, I'm glad he still needs his Mama to hold his hand as he falls asleep or kiss each "owie" he gets during the day.
4 comments:
Such a big boy. We love you Jack, can't wait to play with you in a few months!
What fun things you have done and places you have traveled in just two and a half years! Hard to believe you will be three before we see you next.
LOVE the many pictures...and its been apparent since his arrival that Jack was uniquely designed...he is a learner like his Mother. I love and miss him AND all of you! Hugs and kisses, TUTU
He is getting so big! I can't believe it's been almost a year since I have seen him. I can't wait to hear all his cute sayings in person. Such cute pics! I miss that little one so much!!
Post a Comment