Thursday, October 13, 2011

Reflections of a Mama

Well, tomorrow our baby turns one. I know it is a bit cliche to say this, but it just seems like yesterday that we were welcoming our dark-haired, brown-eyed little one into this world! A year ago tonight, I was baking chocolate chip pumpkin bread and feeling extremely "nesty", knowing things were changing inside and that George would arrive soon. Tonight I am baking the same bread - but in mini loaves to give away at our little birthday party tomorrow for some of our Hawaii "ohana" - family. We are sad that no other family members can be here with us to celebrate, but we are so grateful for the friends God has given us here. Jack has been practicing the "Happy Birthday" song all week and is ready to bake gluten free cupcakes in the morning with me.

But tonight, I'll just reflect a little more on what it was like that night....the last night of me being a mama of one baby. The last night of a world untouched by the beaming smile, dimples and giggles of our Georgie. The beginning of a whole new life for all of us!

George asleep on my lap at one day old....

In the same position at almost one year old.... (I know babies grow in a year, it is what they do, but somehow the difference in size in these two shots just astounds me!)


Look for our twelfth month video montage tomorrow!!!

2 comments:

Becky Kerger said...

Precious thoughts and reflections...only a Mother's heart thinks this way. I love you, Ma

Turley Family said...

Happy Birthday sweet boy!