Monday, August 27, 2012

Whispers of Autumn

Although temperatures haven't dropped much and we are still expected to reach 90 degrees this week, autumn is peeking out in little ways, much to the delight of two little boys who have never really experienced true FALL!
Today on our way to the library, we found the first yellow/red maple leaf in the driveway.  Jack was ecstatic and held it in his hand all the way into town!  We checked out a book about leaves changing colors, since this is a new concept for him!  It was a rainy, cloudy day today with a light breeze, so it kind of felt a little like fall is around the corner, too! 
In the afternoon, I went out to see if there were any more changed leaves...and I found a few.  Lovely!
And then I looked back to the house and found this cute face staring out at me! 
Since we will be here at least until mid-October, we are happily planning to enjoy all fall has to offer!  We've already planted chrysanthemums....
...and the apples in the mini-orchard are almost ready.  (We've already found a few that were ripe and the boys loved picking them right off the tree and eating them!)
Jack is looking forward to finding some pumpkins, too!   These are things we won't be able to enjoy once we head back to Curacao!  

3 comments:

Morgan Family said...

Yes, fall is the main reason I cannot give up living on the East Coast! Enjoy every minute! Hope we have some early fall weather to greet you when you visit!

Becky Kerger said...

Stormy clouds, cooler temps, colored leaves, fresh apples and sweet faces peeking through the window? Sounds wonderful! I am on the next plane.....Love, Gram

Gentry said...

A real fall is definitely something I will miss about the south. Enjoy it all! Your photographs were so pretty, Kam! I especially loved the one of George's cute little face! oooooh I could just eat him!