Sunday, June 27, 2010

Fun in Cincinnati

We had a fun family mini-vacation to Cincinnati this past week. We were able to visit the Newport Aquarium - where Jack was amazed by the tunnels of fish surrounding him and Jake overcame his fear of being so close to sharks! We also got to attend a Cincinnati Reds baseball game against the Cleveland Indians - two Ohio teams! We all decked out in red (and George and I were affectionately dubbed "Big Red") and cheered on the Reds. Between innings, we suddenly noticed Jack's face on the big Jumbo-tron - and then the camera panned out to our whole family! Even the Reds cameramen thought Jack was cute! We left after the 5th inning (knowing the Reds would win) and made it home to our hotel room to watch the fireworks at the end of the game. It was a great two days and we are glad to have some more memories to add to our summertime fun with the kids!

3 comments:

Becky Kerger said...

What a cute family...no wonder they put you on the Jumbo Tron...don't you just love summer vacation?? Love and miss you all, Gram K

Dana Erickson said...

That looked like a fabulous outing! I love that you were on the Jumbo Tron! When I recently went to the Diamondbacks game I saw Emily & Calvin on the Big Screen too!

Turley Family said...

Jack looks like he is getting so big. Glad you guys had fun. Love ya!