Friday, October 15, 2010
George is Here!
George Terrence Meyer was born at 11:46pm on Thursday, October 14, 2010! He weighed 8 pounds, 5 oz and is 21 inches long! Kamie progressed to 8cm without hardly feeling a thing and progressing with the day as normal. With the help of Josh and four wonderful midwives: Claudia, Terry, Hollis and Sharon, George was born in a natural home water birth - an amazing experience! More information to follow, along with lots of pictures....but here is one to tide you over!
George is named for two very special people: George Theodore Wolff was my maternal great-uncle - a kind, Minnesotan farmer and World War II veteran who saw some of the fiercest fighting in Europe. I've always loved my Uncle George, even though he died shortly after I was born. Here is a picture of Uncle George in his 36th Infantry Division Uniform.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
He is adorable! Congratulations Meyer Family!!! We are so glad you had a wonderful delivery. Can't wait to see more pictures.
So happy he arrived safely and a easy delivery. Wish we could see him in person. We love and miss him already!
Can't wait to meet our George in person, love you all!
Oh Boy...now crossing the Pacific and flying for 6 hours will be even more fun since I know what and WHO is greeting me on the other side!! Besides myself happy, knowing you had the desire of your heart with this birth! AND that he is safe and healthy...look forward to lots of hugging and kissing on my boys when I get there...Good Job Kam! See you in 3 days!! Love, Ma...Grammy
He is absolutely perfect! I am so glad that you were able to deliver the way you wanted. I can't wait to see more pictures of Baby George!
Love ya!
Post a Comment