Sending lots of aloha love to you all from our new home. It is small and cozy, but always welcome to anyone who would like to come visit!
Wednesday, October 6, 2010
Home Sweet Home!
Well, we are all settled! Our stuff arrived on Wednesday and we truly feel at home now in our little Koloa cottage! Here are some shots of the main living area:
This is our kitchen - so unique! No upper cabinets, so we bought a large shelving unit to serve as our pantry. There's no real formal dining area either, so we either eat our meals at the table set on the porch or at the little kitchen table with Jack in his high chair seat. The owners left tons of baking/cooking items so I've been able to make some good meals and do some baking! 
This is our cozy bedroom...you can't quite see, but the view out of our windows is straight up to the green mountains. I love watching the clouds come in over with mountains, bringing the breeze and sometimes rain.
We have George's area all set up in our room - clothes and blankets all washed and ready for his arrival!
Jack loves his room with his big boy bed, Thomas the Train blanket and the letters J-A-C-K on the wall. He points to them and says something like "Jack" and pats his chest. He knows this is his room!
Our Suburban made it safely over the ocean to find us in Kaua'i! We have it all registered in Hawaii now and even added our own family touch to the back window! :-) One more set of flip flops to put on once George is here!
And here is our first harvest of tropical fruit from our own back yard! Jack didn't quite know what to think....and I don't quite know how I am going to use so many bananas! They are still waiting to ripen, so I have some time to research. These bananas are famed to be very sweet. We've also used some of our limes and lemons and had a friend bring us some lilikoi (passion fruit) from their backyard....yum!
Sending lots of aloha love to you all from our new home. It is small and cozy, but always welcome to anyone who would like to come visit!
Sending lots of aloha love to you all from our new home. It is small and cozy, but always welcome to anyone who would like to come visit!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Everything looks so cozy! As far as visitors...I am on my way!! Just a few more days and this Grammy will be there...hold on until I arrive! Love and miss you all! See you in 13 days!! Gram K
Looks like you guys have made it very cozy for the Meyer Bunch. Hmmmm, where will all the visitors stay? I guess it will be SUPER cozy then...lol. Love and miss you guys
Don't you know you are supposed to relax before George comes. :) You are wonder woman getting everything organized. Beautiful home!
Your house looks so homey, I absolutely love it. It looks like you have lived there for years. I am glad that you are finally settled so you can relax before George gets here.
P.S. - The flip flops on the car are super cute but the clear square that you can still see around each pair of flip flops is supposed to be pealed off too. :)
So glad you guys are comfy and cozy before George arrives, it is fun to see pictures and be able to visualize stories now. Wish you could mail bananas, our three go through a bunch like that in a week!!!
Post a Comment