Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving to all of our friends and family! Though today is George's first holiday (and six week anniversary!), we aren't doing much since Daddy is at work and we'll have a small turkey dinner tomorrow. But I am so thankful for my boys and plan to enjoy this day no matter what!

A few days ago, Jack and I made a thankful turkey. He worked hard on coloring and kept saying "car" so we made a feather with a drawing of a car on it, since he is certainly thankful for all of his toy cars!

Though I don't have much time to do the baking I'd like to do, I did make a new kind of pumpkin pie with a Hawaiian twist. It is called "Pumpkin Bee Sting Pie" and is made with honey instead of sugar and the topping consists of coconut, macadamia nuts, almonds and honey. Yum!
I was so happy to see that George still (just barely) fits into a Thanksgiving outfit one of our local friends gave him when he was born. It is newborn size and is a little snug...but so cute!
I just love the turkey on the butt!
We have so much to be thankful for! We live in a beautiful place and have two beautiful boys to love on, our health, a good job for Josh, some great new friends....but still we long for our families and wish we weren't so far away, especially at the holidays. We love you and miss you Jake and Sarah in Texas, Tutu and Papa and all of our aunts/uncles/cousins in Phoenix, the Morgans in North Carolina (where Gentry is celebrating along with them), Raleigh and Shane in chilly North Dakota, and Barb, Maddy, Greg, Randy, Nancy in Ohio! We are so thankful for all of you in our lives and hope you have a wonderful day celebrating wherever you are!

3 comments:

Becky Kerger said...

AND we miss you as well!! Its hard NOT to be thankful for the beautiful setting in which you currently reside and the precious boys you have been blssed with, but yes, we miss you too. Love the thankful turkey, love the turkey butt and love the look of your Hawaiian pies!! But LOVE YOU ALL the most! Missing you but picturing the open windows and the breeze and gotta smile...ALOHA! Love always and Forever, Tutu Wahine

Turley Family said...

LOVE THE TURKEY ON HIS BOOTIE! Wish we could celebrate with you this year. Love and miss you guys!

Gentry said...

So stinking cute! I could just eat that little turkey butt :) Love and miss you guys!

p.s. Jack looks so old!