We have some cute photos we wanted to share. The first is George's seemingly shocked expression when Jack's firefighter axe landed a little too closely to his head!
Wednesday, December 1, 2010
Christmas in the air....I think...
Happy December! It is going to take some getting used to...swimming and sweating in December! We sure do enjoy the ability to play outside, go to the beach and have cool breezy evenings...but it is hard to reconcile those outside experiences with all of the typical Christmas hype inside stores.
We have some cute photos we wanted to share. The first is George's seemingly shocked expression when Jack's firefighter axe landed a little too closely to his head!
Our Thanksgiving day was really nice...we listened to hymns, played outside and Jack and I made a batch of chocolate chip, cranberry oatmeal cookies! It is the first time I've let him help cook, and he loved stirring (though lots of the flour and oatmeal landed on the countertop and floor) and waiting for the cookies to bake. He even figured out how to put the oven mits on his hands. He was a little impatient and tried eating a cookie almost right after it came out of the oven, but quickly abandonned that idea when some melted chocolate burned his finger tips. He wanted nothing to do with hot cookies after that!


George was happily watching us in his bouncy seat...even caught a slight smile in a picture!
Our two boys are so very different....in appearance and temperament! It is so neat to see how each one is so uniquely designed by God!

George's cousins Luke, Ben and Grace in North Carolina sent him a cute Curious George book and matching hat before he was born. The boys often refer to George as "Curious George" after reading so many of the stories with their Mommy. Well, we tried to take a picture of George with the hat on, but he HATES hats! It is one of the times he gets truly angry...when I try to put a hat on him. As you can see, he was much happier having the hat just sit on his chest instead!
Another cute article of clothing we received was this Charlie Brown onesie from Aunt Reagan! He looked adorable in it. Though we think Jack's round bald head as a baby would have looked more like Charlie Brown! :-)
We have some cute photos we wanted to share. The first is George's seemingly shocked expression when Jack's firefighter axe landed a little too closely to his head!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Okay, those pictures made me laugh out loud!! I know from being there the ax is fairly soft...but it looks so real..and the comparison picture of the boy in overalls is just a hoot! I can just see jack stomping all over the kitchen, barefoot waiting fot he cookies...love and miss you all...LOVED the pictures!! Mom K..Tutu
YAY! As soon as I saw the Curious George pics I was hoping I was going to get to see the Charlie Brown ones! I think Jack would have made a better Charlie, but George is cute no matter how much hair he has! Love you guys...HAPPY DECEMBER!
I love the ax picture, it made me laugh out loud! The boys will love seeing their curious George cousin too! Happy Advent...sending you some cold breezes your way from us!
George what big eyes you can get! Kam we are glad to have a little cooking buddy!
Post a Comment